On Demand Transit
Getting started with the iOS On Demand rider application
Downloading the App
Download the On Demand Transit App today to request trips to and from any stop in your service area on-demand!
- On your Apple device, visit the App Store
- Search for “On Demand Transit“
- Download the free app today
Select Belleville Transit as your transit organization
Once installed, you will have to select Belleville Transit as your organization in the app if it’s your first time. Once selected, you won’t need to do this again
That’s it! You are now connected with Belleville Transit as your transit organization. You will now see a different logo. BT – Let’s go!!
- Select the icon at the bottom right, then choose Set Up Transit
- Enter bt, then confirm
Sign up with your transit service to get started booking rides under your own account.
- Select the menu towards the bottom right, then select Sign Up
- Review the terms and conditions, enter in your email, then create a password for your account
- Select Sign Up to receive a confirmation email
- Check the inbox of the email you entered, and select the confirmation link
Log in and get started booking rides on demand.
- Enter in the email you used during sign-up, and your password below
- Forgot you password? Select the menu towards the bottom right to reveal a button that will allow you to enter in your email for a password reset!
Requesting a Ride
Request your first ride between any two bus stops in your service area, and see how instant transit can be.
Use the New Ride button on the dashboard to get started, then enter:
- Amount of people in your party
- Your service area
- Your “From” and “To” stops
- The time of your ride. You can select ASAP, or a later date. You can even set the time as a pickup time or a drop off time, depending on the nature of your ride.
Monitoring your Rides
Once you have scheduled a ride in the On Demand app, you will be able to monitor and manage the rides you have requested.
- After requesting a ride, you will be assigned to a vehicle as the time approaches. Once you are assigned, your Current screen will read “Coming Soon.” and provide you with some helpful details on your estimated pickup time
- Prior to the vehicle arriving, your boarding code will be displayed on your main screen. The bus driver will scan this code or board you manually using your tablet.
- That’s it! You can access the ride you have taken even after it’s complete by using the Rides screen in the menu.
Cancelling and Re-Booking Rides
If you have created a ride that is not to your liking, you can cancel anytime. If you have any rides in your past history that you want to re-book, you also have that as an option. Read more below.
- Navigate to the main menu and select “Rides“.
- Find the ride your interested in, then swipe it to the left. For active rides, you’ll find a cancel option. For past rides, you’ll find re-book and hide options.
- That’s it! Your ride is now cancelled or re-booked.