On Demand Transit
Getting started with the Android On Demand Rider application
Downloading the App
Download the On Demand Transit App today to request rides to and from any stop in your service area on-demand!
- On your Android device, visit the Play Store
- Search for “On Demand Transit“
- Download the free app today
Select Belleville Transit as your transit organization
Once installed, you will have to select Belleville Transit as your organization in the app if it’s your first time. Once selected, you won’t need to do this again.
That’s it! You are now connected with Belleville Transit as your transit organization. You will now see a different logo. BT – Let’s Go!!
Sign up with your transit service to get started booking rides under your own account.
- Select the menu towards the bottom right, then select Sign Up
- Review the terms and conditions, enter in your email, then create a password for your account
- Select Sign Up to receive a confirmation email
- Check the inbox of the email you entered, and select the confirmation link. Consider checking your spam folder if you can’t locate the confirmation email.
That’s it! You are now signed up, confirmed, and ready to log in.
Log in and get started booking rides on demand.
- Enter in the email you used during sign-up, and your password below
- Forgot you password? Select the plus icon, to reveal a button that will allow you to enter in your email for a password reset!
Requesting a Ride
Request your first ride between any two bus stops in your service area and see how instant transit can be.
Use the menu on the left hand side to book a New Ride, then enter:
- Your service area
- Your “From” and “To” stops
- Amount of people in your party
- The time of your ride. You can select ASAP, or a later date. You can even set the time as a pickup time or a drop off time, depending on the nature of your ride.
Monitoring your Ride
Once you have scheduled a ride in the On Demand Rider app, you will be able to monitor and manage the ride you requested.
- After requesting a ride, you will be assigned to a vehicle as the time approaches. Once you are assigned, your current screen will read “Coming Soon” and provide you with some helpful details on your estimated pickup time.
- Prior to the vehicle arriving, your boarding code will be displayed on your main screen. Your bus driver will scan this code or board you manually using their tablet.
- That’s it! You can access the ride you have taken even after it’s complete by using the Rides screen in the menu.
Cancelling and Re-booking Rides
If you have created a ride that is not to your liking, you can cancel anytime. If you have any rides in your past history that you want to re-book, you also have that as an option. Read more below.
- Navigate to the main menu sidebar and select “Rides”.
- In the “Rides” screen, identify the ride you are interested, and swipe it to the left to reveal a options.
- That’s it! Your ride is now cancelled or re-booked depending on which you choose.